The Chairman, John Smith, apologised for the change of venue to Esher Rugby Club, following the closure of Hersham Village Hall, and made the following announcements:
· Mail Chimp bulletins were not received by all members, who were reminded to check Spam/Junk and advise Membership of any changes to email addresses.
· Following the Society’s change of name members were requested to make cheques payable to The Arts Society Walton (or TASW) in future.
· Tickets are now on sale for Visit to Chartwell House and Gardens on 19 June and “The Romanovs” Special Interest Day on 7 September at Riverhouse Barn.
· Membership renewals for 2018 will be posted to members in August. At the same time, details of the 2018 Tour to Turin will be circulated and posted on the Society’s website (theartssocietywalton.org) and bookings will commence.
· John thanked everyone for attending the lecture, following the change of venue at short notice, adding in that Pamela Scott was working hard to find a new venue in the new future.